7pm Wednesday 19 October 2016
SAVE THE DATE!
We are delighted to invite you to save the date for this exciting event – “Entrepreneurship – what works?”. How do you move from a kick ass idea, to a well detailed plan, to a fully operating business? What should you look out for if you would like to build your own start-up?
Join us to learn from and engage with veterans and professionals from the start-up / entrepreneurship field. Listen to these seasoned hands share their experiences and tips on how to avoid pitfalls when starting your own business. Don’t miss a chance for this exclusive session with our esteemed panellists:
What you can expect:
- A mini lecture about the practical aspects on embarking on the start-up journey
- A panel of highly experienced entrepreneurs and professionals in the start-up field to share their experiences as well as to answer your questions
- A chance to network and mingle with like-minded people and potential mentors
Date: Wednesday 19 October 2016
Time: Registration at 6.45pm
Venue: Manchester Business School. 55 Market Street, #05-01, Singapore, 048941
- Sign-Up as a UOMAAS member at just $30 and receive a FREE ticket to this exclusive event, plus enjoy year long membership benefits with our partners! OR
- Non-members / Public: $25 (Pay Here!)
Please remember to sign-up for the event as well at the following link HERE!
William W.H. Liu (Bill)
Chairman & Managing Partner,
Stream Global Pte Ltd
Bill (as he is more commonly known) started his career in the I.T. industry after he received his M.Sc, DIC, in OR & Management Studies from Imperial College in 1970 and B.Sc (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from University of Manchester, UK.
He is currently the Chairman and Managing Partner of Stream Global Pte Ltd, a venture catalyst in the ICT and IDM space. From 2001 to 2006 he was President of Green Dot Capital Pte Ltd, a Temasek owned company, which invested in start-up and early stage companies, globally. It was also the holding company of Singapore Computer Systems Ltd and SNP Corporation Ltd, both were listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange. From 1993 to 2001, Bill was the President & CEO of ABACUS International, responsible for its operations and profitable growth that spanned 20 countries in Asia Pacific.
Prior to joining ABACUS, Bill was International Computers Ltd’s (ICL) Regional Vice President for Asia and concurrently the non-executive Chairman of the Singapore operations. He also served as General Manager of ICL Taiwan for a year in 1992.
He is currently a Board member of SISTIC.com Pte Ltd, GreenDot Energy Pte Ltd, Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) and The Private Museum. He was previously Board member of the National Library Board, Singapore Computer Systems. Mr Liu was actively involved in IDA’s 2015 “Intelligent Nation, A Global City powered by Infocomm” Master Plan, sitting on 3 sub-committees, viz. Infocomm Competency Council, Financial Services and Enterprise Development.
Partnership Director, SingularityU Global (Singapore Chapter),
Partner and Head for Singapore at KIATT
Founder of FutureCraft
Founding President of The Innovators Institute, Co-founder of The Innovators Network, Co-founder of The IdeasCollider!
Charlie Ang is a Business Futurist whose specialty is in analysing and explaining the impact of technologies on the future of the economy, industries, companies, education and jobs. His insights has been featured extensively in various media, publications, conferences and forums on topics ranging from future trends, strategic innovation, disruptive technologies, startups, education, human resources, jobs and entrepreneurship.
He is actively engaged in exciting roles that put him at the forefront of emerging developments such as:
- As an innovation evangelist: Founding President of The Innovators Institute, Co-founder of The Innovators Network, Co-founder of The IdeasCollider!,
- As a futures speaker: Founder of FutureCraft (futurecraft.asia)
- As a venture investor: Partner and Head for Singapore at KIATT, a deep technology and commercial science global venture capital firm.
- As a technology educator: Partnership Director of SingularityU Global (Singapore Chapter), which is the worldwide alumni network of Singularity University.
Charlie received his MBA from the NUS Business School and BSc (First Class) Honours in Computer Science from University of Manchester, UK. He is also trained in strategic futures and innovation at Singularity University (in Silicon Valley), Oxford University’s Said Business School and Stanford University.
He is very passionate about helping companies, leaders, entrepreneurs, professionals and individuals understand, adapt and succeed in the Future Economy.
Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP
Sunil Rai is a partner at Dentons Rodyk & Davidson LLP (Corporate practice). Sunil concentrates his practice in corporate and commercial areas encompassing domestic and cross border M&A share and asset transactions, joint ventures, investments and divestments, corporate governance, restructuring of entities, employment law matters including formulating stock option/ share award schemes, establishing new businesses and assisting clients in drafting a broad range of contracts. Sunil has a particular interest in the supply chain industry and private investment funds (venture capital/private equity) and also assisting in the growth of various SMEs, start-ups and private funds through establishing new ventures, fund-raising and value creation.
His experience includes:
- Tolaram Group (“TG”) and Tolaram Africa (“TA”), a subsidiary of TG: Assisting on a long-term joint venture between TA and NYSE-listed Kellogg Company (“KC”) to 1) create a partnership between TA and KC to develop snacks and breakfast foods and 2) acquire 50% in the Multipro Group, for US$450 million (S$634 million).
- Singapore - based Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers, its founder and its existing shareholders: Acting in a S$50 million Series D investment which also included a S$20 million investment by new lead investor, multimedia group MediaCorp, in Reebonz's latest round of fundraising.
- Founders and minority shareholders of PropertyGuru: Advising on the sale of certain existing shares and investment in PropertyGuru Pte Ltd for an aggregate consideration of S$175million from private equity firm TPG, Australian-based venture capital firm Square Peg Capital and Indonesian-based PT Emtek.
- BitX Pte Ltd and its founders: Advising on a US$4 million Series A investment by PayU, a subsidiary of Naspers, and Digital Currency Group.
- Redmart Pte Ltd: Advising on S$5.4m fund-raising mezzanine round from various prominent investors.
Public Accountants and
Chartered Accountants of Singapore
Wayne is a member of six (6) professional accounting bodies in Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom, USA and Australia. He was the Honorary Treasurer of the Institute of Management Consultants, Singapore for several terms and is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and the Singapore Institute of Directors.
Wayne gained his years of auditing, accounting and financial experience with Ernst & Young Public Accountants in Malaysia and Singapore. He has been intimately involved in the auditing of medium-sized and listed clients in industries such as IT start-ups, E-commerce projects, retail and general trading, aerospace and aviation, property development, hotels and resorts, leisure and entertainment, not-for-profit organizations, palm oil plantations, food and drinks manufacturing, power generation, leasing and financing, pharmaceutical corporations; to name but a few.
Since 2001, Wayne’s article contributions on strategy, business management and HRM topics have been regularly published in professional journals such as The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (Singapore edition), The Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAS), The Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI), and HRM, a commercial human resource publication headquartered in Australia. Wayne’s business, financial and HR comments have also been published in newspapers such as The Straits Times (Singapore) and Today (Singapore).
Wayne has conducted executive workshops on forensic investigation, strategic business planning, internal audit, entrepreneurship, cash flow planning, budgeting and disaster recovery for participants from Australia, Malaysia, Middle East, Singapore and USA.